DeafBlind Professional Development and Support
- Statewide Deafblind Community of Practice Information
- Statewide Deafblind Community of Practice Representatives 2019-2020 (updated annually)
- Statewide Deafblind Meetings & Events 2019-2020
- Statewide Deafblind Mailing List Guidelines
For New Teachers Who Serve Students Who Are Deafblind
Currently, no Minnesota state teaching license is available in the field of deafblindness. However, new teachers, who may have students who are deafblind, may be supported by the Minnesota Mentorship Program.
New teachers are also encouraged to attend the “Understanding Deafblindness and the Role of the Intervener” workshop which occurs in mid-August before the school year begins.
NEW National Resource (Starting September 2019)
National Deaf-Blind Educator Network from the National Center on Deaf-Blindness to connect teachers who serve students who are deafblind.
Ann Mayes, Statewide Education Specialist - Deafblind
(612) 638-1527, email@example.com