Online Low Incidence Presentations
The following online presentations are offered as professional development resources for school personnel who work with students with low incidence disabilities.
Note: The presentations below are created with Flash and will require Flash Player in order to view them. If you have problems playing any of the presentations below, you may need to stop the browser (Firefox and Chrome) from blocking the Flash Player. Set to "enable" Flash Player under the browser's Flash settings and clicking "Allow" when prompted by the browser before playing the presentation.
Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury: An Overview for MN Educators (2017) Infinitec Production* (external site)
- Traumatic Brain Injury: An Overview for MN Paraprofessionals (2017) Infinitec Production* (external site)
- Concussion in Children & Youth: A Guide for School Personnel (2017) (external site)
- Concussion 101: A Review for School Nurses (external site) November 29, 2016. Recorded webinar closed captioned
Other Health Disabilities
School Emergency Evacuation
- School Emergency Evacuation Presentation: John Swanson, Deputy State Fire Marshall (MN) (2017) (external site)
- School Emergency Evacuation Webinar: Beth Struve (Updated 2017) (external site)
- Special Evacuation Plans & Procedures for Schools (NE Metro #916 and Stillwater Area Public Schools) (external site)
*This online presentation was created as part of a collaborative partnership with Infinitec, a technology program of UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago that provides member-based training and education for schools in the Midwest, including Minnesota. For more information, visit http://www.myinfinitec.org/ (external site)
The content of these presentations do not necessarily represent the policy of the federal Department of Education or the state Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the federal or state government. Funding for the development of these presentations is made possible with a grant from the MN Department of Education. The source of the funds is federal award Special Education – Grants to States, CFDA 84.027A.
Ingrid Aasan, Director of Special Education
612 638-1517, firstname.lastname@example.org