MN LIP Employment Opportunities
There is one position available at this time:
Region 11 Early Childhood Special Education Professional Development Facilitator (PDF)
This position exists to support local leaders to establish high quality Early Childhood Special Education programs through foundational and innovation work that increase the knowledge and skill of program personnel. While not employed by MDE, the PDF works to promote priorities identified by the Minnesota Department of Education and to strengthen relationships among local program leaders and between MDE and those leaders. Current and future priorities are aligned with established child and family outcomes, compliance and results indicators within the State Performance Plan required by the U.S. Office of Special Education Programs. Specific professional development innovations will use the active frameworks of implementation science to implement and sustain the use of evidenced based best practices in the delivery of services and supports to benefit young children and their families who are served through the local programs.
This position exists to support/facilitate the Region 11 “Minnesota Centers of Excellence for Young Children with Disabilities” (MNCoE) initiative in coordinating a high quality, comprehensive, coordinated system of professional development. This system includes regionalized support, technical assistance, and training for assigned local infant and toddler early intervention and preschool special education program leaders and practitioners, in order that young children with disabilities and their families achieve positive outcomes.
The PDF is a member of a regional team of professionals and must serve as a positive team player. In addition:
- The PDF must develop and maintain significant relationships with leaders of local programs, including school districts, community organizations, child advocacy organizations, institutions of higher education, regional staff and consultants for other early childhood programs and a wide variety of service providers.
- The PDF must attend local, state, and regional meetings as necessary to install a selected innovation using sound implementation strategies.
- The PDF must work closely with the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) staff on objectives, instructional strategies and identification of training needs; and meet with MDE staff on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The position requires the following knowledge:
- Theory, research and practice of evidence-based early intervention and early childhood special education.
- Theory and research of effective professional development.
- Relevant federal and state laws, rules and policies related to young children and their families.
- Keen understanding of the complexities of the early childhood service continuum and the need for systemic reform.
- Local educational agency administration.
The position requires the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to use technology for synchronous or asynchronous communication and data collection / willingness to learn.
- Ability to analyze data in Excel or another analysis package to answer questions related to early intervention/early childhood special education services, programs and resource allocation.
- Ability to lead adult learners toward goals and performance objectives.
- Ability to work as a member of a professional team.
- Ability to manage information and deadlines.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize competing tasks.
- Ability to take initiative to meet identified priorities.
While the position does not require an ECSE teaching license, the PDF must have completed at least 3 years of successful work in an Early Childhood Special Education setting.
Position is .923 FTE or 92.3% time, which translates to 240 days per year, with benefits.
Please submit to Sarah.Ryan-Wood@metroecsu.org
- a letter of interest addressed to Ingrid Aasan, Director of Special Education
- 3 letters of professional references
Please direct questions about the position to Ingrid.Aasan@metroecsu.org
POSTING CLOSES August 2nd, 2019.
Metro Educational Service Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ingrid Aasan, Director of Special Education
612 638-1517, firstname.lastname@example.org