Other Health Disabilities Resources
- MN OHD Manual: Meeting the Needs of Students with Other Health Disabilities (Revised 2013).pdf
- MDE OHD Criteria Checklist (PDF)
- OHD Information Sheets
The Minnesota Department of Education provides 28 information sheets on a variety of health conditions. Each OHD Health Condition Information Sheet includes specific symptoms, educational implications and resources for the health condition. This is not an exhaustive list of health conditions. A diagnosis does not, by itself, guarantee eligibility for the Other Health Disabilities categorical area. Refer to Minnesota Rules 3525.1335 for the eligibility requirements.
- Online Presentation: School Services and Supports for Students with Other Health Disabilities
- MNSCU Postsecondary Resource Guide (2014): Successfully Preparing Students with Disabilities for the Postsecondary Environment: Postsecondary Resource Guide
Disability Benefits 101
A website that provides tools and information on health coverage, benefits and employment for individuals of all ages with disabilities; and provides links and resources for related MN public programs.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, Students with ADHD and Section 504: A Resource Guide (July 2016).pdf
- The Medically Fragile Child: Caring for Children with Special Healthcare Needs in the School Setting (3rd Edition, 2009).pdf is an American Federation of Teachers (AFT) publication that addresses the healthcare needs of students in the school setting. It includes an overview of current issues, information on the role of the school nurse and non-nursing school personnel, the legal framework for providing care, considerations for a safe environment and additional resources.