Compiled by Kathy Anderson, Kathy.Anderson@metroecsu.org
Statewide EHDI Specialist, MN Low Incidence Projects
This list is provided as a support to members of the MN Regional EHDI Teams only to inform them of the location of information regarding COVID-19 and education-related resources on federal and MN state agency websites. Education professionals should continue to consult with their local school district leadership for specific guidance and policies regarding Special Education supports to children and families they serve.
Links to national information resources on the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA Center) websites are also shared.
MN Department of Health
- MN Department of Health COVID-19 Home Page
Check this site for frequently updated information from the MDH
Health questions: 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903; Open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Schools and childcare questions: 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504; Open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
MN Department of Human Services
MN Department of Education
- COVID-19 Updates (Home)
Check this site for frequently updated information from MDE
- MDE email address to ask questions about COVID-19 and education. COVID- 19.Questions.MDE@state.mn.us
MN Department of Education: Special Education, Infant/Toddler Intervention Resources
- Meeting the Special Education Needs of All Learners with Distance Learning, Recorded webinar, March 20, from Distance Learning instructors.
- Special Education COVID-19 Resources; Resources as of 3/26/2020;
Check frequently for updates, new references.
- Special Education and COVID-19 Questions and Answers: Special Education Instruction, Services, Programming and Funding - 3/26/20, Questions and answers regarding special education instruction, services, programming, and funding.
- Special Education and COVID-19 Questions and Answers: Due Process - 3/26/20 Responses based on federal guidance to date.
- Special Education: COVID-19 Resources for Families of Students with Disabilities
- Parent Guidance Related to Due Process During the Distance Learning Period
- Distance Learning Considerations for Infants, Toddlers and Preschool Children with Disabilities - 3/20/20, with activity matrix grid
- Special Education and COVID-19 Questions and Answers: Impact on Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Part C and Part B/619 Identification, Evaluation and Provision of Services - 3/19/20, Questions and answers regarding Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Part C and Part B/619 identification, evaluation and provision of services
- MN CoE Distance Learning Resources This site shares Resources compiled by Centers of Excellence Professional Development Facilitators (PDFs) at the request of MDE ECSE leadership to provide quality, vetted information to support distance learning planning for ECSE and EC programs. This site includes multiple links to other information sources and folders of information under Resources for Administrators and Program Staff and Resources for Supporting Families and Caregivers.
Links to Information from Federal Agencies
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Coronavirus, Resources and Updates
Check this site for frequently updated information from the CDC.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Home
Department of Education
- COVID-19 ("Coronavirus") Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
Noted on the website— “ED will regularly update this page as more information and resources become available. Please send questions on which the Department can be helpful to the following email address: COVIDemail@example.com ”
- Main site includes links to the following and many other resources:
- There are now several links on the main page under the heading At Home Activities for online activities for students and families, shared by a variety of federal Departments and national organizations.
- Guidance Document: Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak (March 2020)
- March 16, 2020 Fact Sheet: Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Schools While Protecting the Civil Rights of Students
Department of Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS), Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP): Guidance includes
- IDEA post of the Guidance Document: Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak (March 2020)
- IDEA post of the Guidance Memo: Understanding the Confidentiality Requirements Applicable to IDEA Early Childhood Programs, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) October 2016
- Supplemental Fact Sheet Addressing the Risk of COVID-19 in Preschool, Elementary and Secondary Schools While Serving Children with Disabilities, posted 3/21/2020
- Note: For questions pertaining to Part C of IDEA, states should contact the Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA) at ectacenter.org”
- Note: For questions pertaining to “Part B of IDEA, states should contact the National Center for Systemic Improvement (NCSI) at ncsi.wested.org”
- Summary press release on the Supplemental Fact Sheet: Urging States to Continue Educating Students with Disabilities, Secretary DeVos Publishes New Resource on Accessibility and Distance Learning Options
Links to Information Resources from CEC, ECTA Center
- ASHA Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates, as of 4/20/2020
Includes links to multiple resources including:
- Telepractice Resources During COVID-19
- Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Service Delivery Considerations in Early Intervention During Coronavirus, (Updated 4-2-20) Includes discussion and links related to:
- Federal Guidance on COVID-19 for Children With Disabilities State
- Information What to Do When EI Programs Are Open or Closed
- Telepractice Considerations in Early Intervention Additional COVID-19
- Resources for EI Providers and Families
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- Note: CEC is offering FREE basic membership to new members and access to all materials through 5/31/2020. Code CECED60
- You may add Division of Communication, Language, Deaf & Hard of Hearing (DCD) as your division, for Teachers of Students who are DHH. ($30.00)
- You may also add Division for Early Childhood (DEC). (Free through May 31)
- CECommunity provides online forums for sharing information and resources.
- Webinar: Teaching Special Education Online during COVID-19
Webinar Recording, Handouts, References
- Resources for Teaching Remotely
- CEC Division for Early Childhood (DEC)
- Resources to Support Transitions During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Resources to Support EI/ECSE During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- CEC-Division for Communication, Language and Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DCD)
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA Center); Coronavirus Disease(COVID-19)
- ECTA has been assigned by OSERS to post policy, provide resource information related to Part C
- Provides daily updates on early childhood education-related info Coronavirus (COVID-19), Updated 3/31/2020
- Provides daily updates on Tele-Intervention and Distance Learning for early childhood, Updated 3/31/2020
Note: The resources listed above link to "external websites" which may not be accessible for the viewer, screen readers and other assistive technology devices. If you need assistance, please email the "Contact Information" person listed at the bottom of this page.
Kathy Anderson, M.ED., LSLS Cert AVT, Statewide EHDI Specialist MN Low Incidence Projects